Nature’s powerful antioxidant! Derived from Algae found in the Stockholm archipelago and known as the king of antioxidants. Its uniquely protective system reduces inflammation and improves blood lipids, cholesterol levels, cognition and vision.
How does Astaxanthin work on the human body?
Astaxanthin is a fat-soluble, natural antioxidant. Thanks to its chemical structure it reaches all parts of the body and spans the cell membrane layers, protecting the cells from the inside and out. This is in contrast to other antioxidants, for example vitamin C, that stays on the outside of the cell, and betacarotene, that ends up in the cell membrane.
Some astaxanthin products on the market contain synthetic astaxanthin instead of natural. It is widely regarded that natural astaxanthin is a better alternative than synthetic, not the least because the synthetic astaxanthin has not been tested for safety in humans.
Benefits of Astaxanthin
- The benefits of astaxanthin are continuously being discovered by scientists
- A research showed women who took astaxanthin have significantly improved skin elasticity and reduced fine lines and wrinkles
- Another research showed that astaxanthin decreased oxidative stress and inflammation and enhanced immune response in young females in just 8 weeks
- It is also known to improve cardiovascular health thus promoting a healthy lifestyle
- Astaxanthin is found to be simultaneously effective against both mental and physical fatigue.