It’s been a busy six months for Swedish fashion entrepreneur Elin Kling. Since our last interview, the style icon has not only broken new ground in her first beauty partnership, she's also launched her own clothing line Totême together with her husband! We caught up with Elin to get an exclusive take on her fashion and beauty tips for autumn.
Which autumn makeup look will you choose this autumn?
I’ll go for a modern look with a natural finish. I love a sun kissed style while on vacation and I like to cherish that as long as possible! A moisturizer is my savior as long as it’s not too cold outside.
How do you prepare your skin for autumn and do you have any tips on how to prolong that summer glow?
– As the temperature drops and the air gets drier, I change my light products and replace them with richer, creamier products more suitable for the colder months. In order to maintain that glow, I make sure I exfoliate properly and continue to use my sunscreen.
You and your husband Karl Lindman recently launched your own clothing line, Totême. Tell us a little about that.
– It’s been a dream for a long time, especially considering my previous projects over the last couple of years. It all started when I found myself not having anything to pack for a holiday. I didn’t have the perfect vacation-wear in my wardrobe, so I found myself longing for essentials that would form a timeless capsule.
What are your inspirations?
– I get tons of inspiration from the people surrounding me. People I meet, my friends and of course my husband. We inspire each other in our own different ways.
How do you update your autumn wardrobe?
– I'm in the mood for pointy flats and the perfect long coat that you can throw on and instantly feel at ease in. When I'm headed for dinner with my friends, high heels and a pair of tailored trousers add instant autumn glamour.
And finally – if autumn 2014 was a lipstick, what would it be?
– It would be a warm, rich red and have that creamy texture that I like so much. A bolt of red lipstick can update your look instantly (Editor’s pick: The ONE Lipstick Colour Stylist – Shade: London Red).